Boost your developers’ C/C++ security knowledge
Our practical and comprehensive C/C++ security training can be directly applied to your teams’ daily work. Avatao’s exercises cover a wide range of topics, and offer interactive learning materials for developers, allowing them to build secure applications regardless of their current skill level.
Enable your team to write secure code in C/C++
What your team will learn:
C/C++ security best practices
Most common C/C++ attacks, exploits and pitfalls
Reverse engineering, cryptography, overflows, etc.
Correct usage of deprecated string functions
Real-world exploits and code examples
C/C++ security training levels
1. Beginner - Secure coding guidelines
Developers get a solid understanding of the most common C/C++ security vulnerabilities, attacks, pitfalls, and their security control through guided tutorials. The beginner module includes topics such as injection, basic string exploits, overflows, introduction to cryptography, basic exploitation, input validation, and other basic exploits along with their fixes.
Your team will gain a better understanding of the most common attack surfaces and security pitfalls. We equip learners with hands-on skills to think like a hacker, and empower them to design and build up multiple lines of defenses. Apart from diving deeper into the topics covered in the beginners’ module, the intermediate section includes tutorials on topics such as reverse engineering, advanced overflow, cryptography, unquoted service paths, symbolic links, exploitation, pointers, insecure deserialization, DoS attacks, and more.
3. Advanced - Real security breaches
Developers can immerse themselves in advanced C/C++ challenges. All vulnerabilities and relevant attacks are demonstrated through real-life security breaches, followed by the recommended secure coding guidelines, and the possible mitigation techniques. Some topics covered in this module are: advanced topics of concurrency, regular expressions, object lifetimes.
Advantages of a C/C++ security training
Empower your development team to
- Write secure code in C/C++ and catch application security threats early
- Learn to identify the root cause of problems and how to fix them
- Get a deep understanding of each attack’s anatomy and objectives
- Understand both the offensive and defensive mindset
- Learn creative thinking and problem solving techniques, which helps the development team detect innovative ways of exploiting C/C++ security vulnerabilities
- Perform advanced source code review
- Improve development processes and strengthen your application security