Grow your team’s Java security skills
Being one of the most popular programming languages, we have built an extensive training around Java security best practices. Avatao’s modules cover the most common attacks and exploits, as well as challenging exercises around Spring Framework. We guide users through 3 levels of competence to make sure they have a solid understanding of secure coding in Java, so that they can build secure applications.
Equip developers with job-relevant Java security knowledge
What your team will learn:
Java security best practices
Most common Java attacks &
OWASP Top 10
Native Java vulnerabilities
Spring Framework &
Training for different levels of Java expertise
1. Beginner - Java secure coding guidelines
Developers get a solid understanding of the most common Java security vulnerabilities through guided tutorials. The beginner module includes topics such as database design and transactions, authentication, data validation and password policies, as well as some basic web security topics, like XSS and CSRF.
2. Intermediate - Best practices and strategies
Your team will gain a better understanding of the most common attack surfaces. We equip learners with hands-on skills to be able to think like hackers, and we also empower them to design and build-up multiple lines of defence. Apart from diving deeper into the topics covered in the beginners’ modules, the intermediate section includes topics such as insecure direct object reference, concurrency, some security breaches and case studies, as well as secure coding topics in Java EE and Spring Framework.
3. Advanced - Real security breaches
Developers can immerse themselves in advanced Java challenges: all vulnerabilities and the relevant attacks are demonstrated through real-life security breaches, followed by the recommended secure coding guidelines, and the possible mitigation techniques. Some of the topics included in this module are: regular expressions and related attack vectors, unrestricted file upload, reflected file download, and remote code execution challenges.
Discover a Java exercise step by step
Advantages of a Java security training
Empower your development team to
- Write secure code in Java and catch application security threats early
- Learn to identify the root cause of problems and how to fix them
- Get a deep understanding of each web attack’s anatomy and objectives
- Understand both the offensive and defensive mindset
- Learn creative thinking and problem solving techniques, which help them detect innovative ways of exploiting Java security vulnerabilities
- Perform advanced source code review
- Improve development processes and strengthen your application security